Robert Kimmerle
executive branch in a nation of one

Saturday, July 30, 2005
 
I'm here. Since last post: I scotched the house purchase, moved twice, threatened to sue my old landlord, voted for the lesser of two something-or-other, met my second-favorite author, traded in my old job for a new one with more authority/responsibility/buying power, adopted a spider plant.

I don't promise I'll make a regular thing of this again, but then a) I might, and b) I never did.

Concordance: David Mitchell's Cloud Atlas and the Fiery Furnaces' "Blueberry Boat": gorgeous shattered narrative carefully reassembled aboard a doomed, leaky vessel. Also, no concordance, but nothing beats Antibalas Afrobeat Orchestra's "Indictment", not only because shouting "Karl G. Rove! Indictment!" is therapeutic, but because it may yet come to pass, and because the insurgence of the horn section after the little kangaroo-court scene is indelible.

Cindy tastes of barbecue; Cindy tastes like cream.

Off to Yosemite later this summer for a wedding. Suburban man meets the great outdoors. Details to follow.

Life is long.


Comments: Post a Comment